Cheesesteak Stuffed Pepper
for 6 servings
1 lb flank steak
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons Grilling Gods Salt of the Gods
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
3 large white onions, sliced
3 green bell peppers, sliced
6 red bell peppers
15 slices provolone cheese
(you can add other veggies like mushrooms if you like!)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F
2.Cut the flank steak against the grain into 1/8-inch thick slices.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the steak, 1 tablespoon Salt of the Gods, and Worcestershire sauce.
4. Mix to coat the meat with the spices and cook until the meat is cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer the meat to a bowl leaving the juices in the pan. Cover and set aside until ready to use.
5. Add the butter to the pan with the meat juices. Add the onions and cook until tender and shiny, about 3 minutes. Add the green bell peppers and the reaming Salt of the Gods, and cook until the onions and peppers caramelized, about 10 minutes. (this is where you would add your mushrooms or other veggies)
6. Cut the top off of a red bell pepper. Cut around the seed pod, pull it out of the pepper. Remove any remaining seeds. Repeat with the rest of the red peppers.
7. Cut 9 of the provolone slices in half.
8. Place the peppers in a 9x13 inch baking dish, cut side up. Scoop a bit of steak filling into each pepper, followed by the peppers and onions, then 3 half slices of provolone. Repeat with the rest of the steak, then the rest of the peppers and onions. Place a whole slice of provolone on top of each pepper.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, until the skin of the peppers is shriveling, and the cheese is golden and melted.