2-2 1/3 cup all-purpose flour OR bread flour (bread flour will make the crust a bit more crispy as the all-purpose flour makes the crust softer.
1 packet instant yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon Grilling Gods Slice of Heaven
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup warm water
1. Combine 1 cup (125g) of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add Grilling Gods Slice of Heaven.
2. Add olive oil and warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir very well. (Ideally your water should be between 105°-115°F (40-46C). You can use warm tap water but do make sure that your water isn't too hot or it will kill your yeast!)
3. Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add any additional flour as needed (sometimes you need as much as an additional 1/3 cup), stirring until the dough is forming into a cohesive, elastic ball and is beginning to pull away from the sides of the bowl. The dough will still be slightly sticky but still should be manageable with your hands.
4. Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and use a pastry brush to brush up the sides of the bowl.
5. Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place.
6. Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes - 1 hour or until its doubled in size. If you intend to bake this dough into a pizza, I also recommend preheating your oven to 425°F (215C) at this point so that it will have reached temperature once your pizza is ready to bake.
7. Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth (about 3-5 times).
8. Use either your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough into 12" circle.
9. Transfer dough to a parchment paper lined pizza pan and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust.
10. Drizzle additional olive oil (about a Tablespoon) over the top of the pizza and use your pastry brush to brush the entire surface of the pizza (including the crust) with olive oil.
11. Use a fork to poke holes all over the center of the pizza to keep the dough from bubbling up in the oven.
12. Add desired toppings and bake in a 425°F (215C) preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until toppings are golden brown. Add a couple of shakes of Grilling Gods Slice of Heaven on top, slice and serve.
Try our Grilling Gods Pizza Sauce recipe here.