2 lbs of ground chuck (85/15)
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup Grilling Gods Steak & Bake rub
2 Tbsp Grilling Gods Salt of the Gods rub
1/2 cup minced onions
1 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese (smoked if you can find it or smoke it yourself)
1 cup buttermilk
1. Mix all the ingredients into your ground chuck, be careful not to over mix as it will make the meatloaf tough.
2. Drop the mixed up meatloaf “dough” into a loaf pan and carefully press it out to fill the loaf shaped pan. Place it in the fridge for about 30 minutes or even overnight if you want to.
3. While the meatloaf is setting in the fridge get your smoker ready! Set your smoker to 250°F
4. Once you are almost ready to cook it, take it out of the bowl and place on to a Weber grill pan. The loaf was a little over 2 inches thick. you can place the Weber grill pan on top of a throw away foil pan while it cooks and this allowed the grease to drain away without dripping all into your smoker and creating a mess.
5. Once your smoker is up to 250°F add your meatloaf and smoke for about 2 hours until the internal temperature in 160°F
(This is optional - Let the meatloaf continue to cook in the smoker until it reaches about 150°F at which point you can brushing on a heavy layer of Grilling Gods homemade BBQ sauce click here for the recipe)
6. Let it rest for 7-10 minutes before slicing into it to let the juices redistribute throughout the meat. Slice into ½ to ¾ inch pieces and serve.
**This recipe was adapted from Jeff Phillips at smoking-meat.com picture by Jeff Phillips